USC reopens 1 July: 8 things you need to know
Which location opens when?
The My USC access app
Summer Program: memberships and courses
Memberships as of 1 September
1. WHICH LOCATION OPENS WHEN?
- Sportcentrum Universum, ClubWest and ASC will reopen on 1 July. Including showers and dressing rooms. The saunas will remain closed for now.
- Amstelcampus starts with group fitness on 1 July. The gym, for individual fitness, will reopen in the gym hall on 6 July. This is due to a leakage in the fitness area. You enter at the side entrance next to Café Amstelcampus.
- USC Tennis has been open since 11 May.
- USC Body & Mind offers online mindfulness and yoga courses this summer.
2. THE MY USC ACCESS APP
As of 1 July, you can choose how to enter USC facilities: with your finger scan or with the new My USC access app. With the app, you don’t have to touch anything with your fingers: corona proof! Download the My USC access app: Android and iOS (search the store). With the app you can easily scan the QR code at the entrance. Note: you do not use the app to make reservations (more about that below). It will only give you access to our buildings on those spots where you had to scan your finger until now.
3. RESERVATION RULES
A very direct consequence of corona: the intensification of our reservation rules. The most important ones:
- From 1 July, you make a reservation for every visit in the timetable on your sports page.
- For example, you can make a reservation for fitness via this fitness page.
- From 1 July, you can make a maximum of 4 reservations in the consecutive 6 days.
- On the day itself, the number of reservations remains unlimited.
- The gates will only open with a reservation (as mentioned: with finger scan or My USC access app).
Read all reservation rules!
4. HOUSE RULES
Of course our house rules are no longer what they used to be. No high fives, no hugs in the gym. Please read our additional corona house rules carefully before heading to USC. We can only keep things safe together.
Our capacity will be scaled up step by step. We’ll start carefully. But as soon as we see we can do more, we will expand where possible. We’ll always follow governmental guidelines.
6. REACTIVATION MEMBERSHIPS
All members with a valid membership on 14 March 2020: your membership will be reactivated on 1 July. Members have been presented with the possibility to extend their membership, free of charge, or to (partly) donate.
7. SUMMER MEMBERSHIPS AND COURSES
Don’t have a USC membership yet? You can only work out at USC this summer with one of the Summer Memberships. There are Summer Memberships for various sports, including fitness. All Summer Memberships are valid until 1 September. We offer summer courses as well, such as online yoga. Check the Summer Program!
8. MEMBERSHIPS AS OF 1 SEPTEMBER
Perhaps the biggest change: as of 1 September USC will almost completely stop offering memberships with an end date. Prepaid memberships have made things quite complicated for us during corona times, having to freeze all memberships. We will announce more soon!