Type: Extreme sports
Holding onto small edges, balancing on your feet, pumped forearms: that’s climbing! You’ll find nice routes and courses on your level. Come and try out climbing on our 14 meter high wall!
This is included in the course price. Bring an elastic if you have long hair.
Every first class of a course, which is not full, can be your free trial class. Check at our front desk.
The USC climbing hall is 14m high, has 18 ropes and routes between 3 and 7b. You can choose between toprope or lead.
Check out the schedule. You can not climb during ASAC and USC courses starting at 17.00 or later.
1. The wall is accessible if you’re in the possession of an NKBV -klimvaardigheidsbewijs or if you get a place on the USC climbing permission list.
2. You can obtain a climbing certificate after passing the USC introduction course. If you are an experienced independent climber, you can get access if you demonstrate your belaying and climbing skills to one of our USC climbing instructors. Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment and describe your experience and availability. You have to bring a climbing partner.
– Climbing is at your own risk. The USC does not accept any legal liability. As a climber you are responsible for your own and others’ safety.
– Each time you start a new route you’ll need to check whether the climber and belayer are properly secured to the belaying system.
– Climbing is allowed if you are on the “climbing list” at the desk. Are you new? Apply for a one-time check via email@example.com
– You can tie in to the rope with a direct 8-knot. Double bowline is allowed when both persons can check the knot. Other tie-in methods are not allowed.
– Check the availability of the climbing gym in the online agenda.
– Climbing and belaying must be done with safe, approved and non-obsolete material.
– The maximum height for climbing without a rope is your head not higher than the horizontal line of the first bolt. The second bolt if there is a mat underneath.
– It’s forbidden to climb under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
– No glass in the climbing gym.
– Store your equipment in the closet.
– Change clothes in the dressing rooms, not in the climbing gym.
– Climbing with a bare torso is not allowed.
– Coil the ropes when you are the last climber of the day.
– Take unnecessary gear away from your harness.
– Questions? Ask a USC climbing instructor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Lead climbing is allowed after permission from a USC climbing instructor.
– All bolts are suitable for leading. Clip all the bolts. Only the first bolt is optional. Use a safety mat as much as possible.
– Bring your own quickdraws. Pull down the rope from the anchors. Lead the route and clip the rope back into two carabiners.
– Lead climbing on rope 1 is not allowed because of the risk of falling against the black wall. Lead climbing on rope 17 must be done with caution.
– For the routes under the black bridge a separate rope is available at the desk.
If you want to have a kids climbing party please contact Sport4kidz (USC partner), via www.sport4kidz.nl
Climbing off peak / 10x
Climbing peak hours / 10x
Climbing off peak / year
Climbing peak hours / year
Climbing off peak / 3 months
Climbing peak hours / 3 months
Univ, Climbing 4x beginners, start Fr 12 January 17.00 FULL
Univ, Climbing 4x beginners, start Fri 16 Feb 17.00 FULL
Univ, Climbing 4x beginners, start Tu 9 January 17.00 FULL
Univ, Climbing 4x beginners, start Tue 13 Feb 17.00 (1 left)
Univ, Climbing 4x beginners, start We 10 January 17.00 FULL
Univ, Climbing 4x beginners, start Wed 14 Feb 17.00 (6 left)
Univ, Climbing 4x intermed, start Mo 8 January 17.00 FULL
Univ, Climbing 4x intermed, start Mon 12 Feb 17.00
Univ, Indoor lead climbing 4x, start Mo 12 Feb 17.00 FULL
Univ, Indoor lead climbing 4x, start Mo 8 January 17.00 FULL
Online or at the front desk.
Opening hours climbing hall
The opening hours of the climbing hall are the same as the opening hours of sportcentrum Universum.
NB: free climbing is not possible during USC and ASAC courses after 17.00. Check the timetable.
1x entrance peak/off-peak
Cat. I € 6,50 / € 4,-
Cat. II € 8,- / € 5,-
Cat. III € 9,50 / € 6,-
cat I and cat. II students only
You have to be an ASAC member.
Peak cat I / cat II students
1x € 5,50
10x € 42,50
3 months € 51,50
1 year € 171,-
Monday – Thursday 16.00 – 23.00
Off peak hours
Outside peak hours
NB 1: your peak membership allows you access to the off peak hours as well
NB 2: 10x punch card are valid maximally 1 year
NB 3: Your climbing entrance or climbing membership allows you access to the bouldering facilities as well.
Your bouldering entrance does not allow you access to our climbing hall.
Material for rent
harness + carabiner + belaying device cost € 3/set.
Shoes € 2,50/pair.
In order to pay the ASAC-tariffs you have to be member of this club.
More club information
|Cat. I||students UvA and HvA, other Dutch day universities|
|Cat. II||employees UvA/HvA, alumni HvA, AUV-members UvA, other full time students of universities of applied sciences|
|Cat. III||anyone else|