DOWNLOAD THE ARA RESULTS
Navigator? Team player? Adventurer? All nighter? Even if you’re a 1 time yes, three times no, the Adventure Race Amsterdam is still for you!
What do you have to do: Adventure Race Amsterdam?
- In teams of 4, you’ll do different assignments and challenges. Navigation, compassing, mountainbiking, stuff like that.
- The Adventure Race Amsterdam (ARA) is a 14 hour race. If you want to sleep, don’t join.
- Everyone can join: as long as you have a team of 4 (and don’t want to sleep).
- ARA is organized by ASAC and USC.
When is ARA?
ARA starts on June 16 at sunset. You’ll finish around 14 hours later.
What does it cost?
Joining ARA costs €120,- per team (including lunch, ARA-shirt in your size: woohoo!).
Optional: renting a mountainbike including a helmet costs €21,- pp.
What do(n’t) you need?
- A mountainbike
- All other required materials will be send to you by e-mail, after you’ve registrated!
How to register for ARA?
- Think about whether you’d like to join, but don’t think too long: we have room for 30 teams! Subscription deadline is 1 June.
- Gather a team of 4 (wo)men.
- Register your team in our webshop!
- When we’ve received your registration, we’ll contact you by e-mail. We’ll ask you for 5 things:
- Your teamname
- The names of your teammates
- The shirt sizes of your teammates
- How many mountainbikes your team wants to rent
- Does your team represent a study or student(sports) association? Let us know the name of your association.
What can you win?
- All team members of the winning team will receive a 1 year passe-partout at USC.
- The best study or student(sports) association will win €500,-. The second best study or student(sports) association will win €250,-. NOTE: unfortunately you can’t spend this money on beer. It has to benefit the association. If your team does not represent an association, you can’t win this prize.
Any more questions about the race? Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For both beginners as well as experienced adventure racers it might come in handy to practice some basic skills. Therefore, we’ll organize a training session on June 1. The training starts at 19:00h at USC Universum and takes around 2,5 hours. There will be a theoretical and a practical part. Please bring: running clothes and shoes, some food, a protractor, a compass, a headlamp and a pen and paper. If you want to join the training, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are you getting into?
ARA is a race for both beginning and experienced adventure racers. Beginner? It might come in handy to practice some basic skills. We’ll organize a training session on June 1. If I were you, I’d join in… But suit yourself! If you want to join the training, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
There are various rounds (mountainbiking, running, canoeing) that you have to finish within the time limit. In each round, you’ll have to find as many checkpoints as you can. You can find those checkpoints through coordinates. Smart navigation is more important than speed, as the checkpoints are hidden. In between the rounds you’ll have to perform Special Tasks (e.g. archery or robe climbing). Adventure racing is all about fair play, so… no phones, gps, or navigation tools are allowed. Joining a 14 hour race makes you a winner instantly, but the real winners will be awarded with amazing prizes!