Becoming a member

Becoming a member

Becoming a member at the USC is easy.

Subscribing for the 2016/2017 season
You can subscribe at the USC sports counters during opening hours until 1 hour prior to closing time.

Finger scan system|
All USC locations (except USC Body & mind) use a fingerscan system to get access to our facilities.

How to subscribe?

  • You can subscribe at the sports desk of Universum for virtually all activities. For courses you have to subscribe at the front desk of the location where the course is given.
  • You pay directly when you subscribe, by debit card (pinpas) or cash.
  • You can not pay with cash at Amstelcampus, ASC, USC Tennis and PCH Fitness.
  • You pay per activity in which you participate.
  • To subscribe, you need proof of identification.
  • In order to subscribe using the tariffs of category I or II, you need to prove that you are a UvA/HvA student or employee, 6VWO student, AUV-member *), HvA alumnus or awaiting you’re clerkship. Please bring your proof of enrollment for 2016/2017, work contract, school declaration, HVA-diploma or AUV-card.

*) At the USC Sports desk you can register for the AUV (Amsterdamse Universiteits Vereniging). For info mail

Subscription fee
If you register for any of the activities at the USC, a one-time subscription fee of 10 euro must be paid. Your subscription fee remains valid up to one year after your sports membership has expired. If you want to subscribe again after this one year, you will need to pay the subscription fee again.

Random participation
Random participation is possible for most of the USC sports activities. Category I participants pay € 8,- for this, category II and III participants pay € 12,-. If you subscribe that same day, this fee will be refunded upon handing in your receipt.

Exceptive clause
The USC has a strict category division, and a just as strict division in sports season periods. However it can happen that you, for whatever reason, think that your case should be an exception to this rule or to other rules. In this case, you can submit a written request to the USC director, in which you clearly state your request and why you think an exception should be made for you. Any decision made will be submitted to you in writing. This decision is final.